When you are stressed, worried and scared the brain sends a signal to the whole body saying “ wow – danger”. Hence you get all those feelings and emotions of not being quite in control alongside the physical disturbances.
From early childhood to adulthood our brains are on high alert and continually processing fear and danger, the flight, fright and fear mode.
Stress, worry and fear are negative thoughts which inhibits our real potential and keeps each of us a slave to our brain and our thought processes, but you can change this.
Try doing a little scan of your personal health and situation.
• Your digestive system how is it? Do you suffer from constipation, stomach pain, ulcers, gall pain?
• Your nervous system how is it? Do you sweat a lot? Are you continually anxious?
• Your immune system how is it? How often do you get sick? Have you got skin conditions? Do you suffer from chronic diseases?
• In the course of a day how much time do you have to relax
• Are you creative do you keep your brain occupied? Do you take physical exercise or are you a couch potato?
• Do you quickly find solutions to problems or do you bury your head in the sand?
• Are you so chaotic you go around in circles?
Do you recognise any of this?
Many situations we find ourselves in, which seem impossible to change, are viewed from our own perspective, these thoughts are often due to our mindset whether that is a fixed mindset or a growth mindset. A growth mindset is much more resourceful and will find solutions to our problems and difficulties. A fixed mindset will find obstacles, reasons and excuses not to take action. Many of the stressful, anxious situations which maybe imaginary or real to us can be tackled by accessing our creativity, resourcefulness and belief in ourselves. If we allow worry and stress to persist, we continue to live each day in agony. Clients have said to me say how they feel they are dying from the inside out!! Who can argue with that, if you want to do much more with your life but your mind and body are inhibiting the potential, then by working on your thoughts and transforming your thinking is a good place to start?
How many of you have watched the programme MY 600lb BODY? The buy in to mindset change is a large part of each individual person’s success. Each and every one of us can make the changes sometimes we just need a gentle push and someone to hold us accountable.
If you want to make some change in your life to enable you to be happy, to get that sense of purpose and to feel you have achieved something, give me a call, I can help you release the ‘stress slave cycle’ you live in.